Content Licensing Counsel
New York, NYPosted Jun 14, 2022 - Requisition No. 104443
Our TeamBloomberg’s Legal and Compliance Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company. Our team is made up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. We also recognize the value of diversity and inclusion in cultivating a supportive workplace and the importance of giving to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
The RoleReporting into one of our senior lawyers in New York, you will be part of a small team responsible for drafting and negotiating inbound data license agreements and technology-related commercial contracts.
The team directly advises and works closely with sales, business and product development teams on the inbound licensing of data, technology and intellectual property and related issues in order to achieve internal clients' objectives, and collaborates with other counsel to identify and minimize risk.
We'll trust you to:
- Structure, draft, review, analyze and negotiate a variety of data acquisition and other commercial agreements
- Provide licensing, technology and commercial legal advice and counsel to internal clients
- Serve as a trusted business partner in shaping business strategy, identifying intellectual property, privacy and other business risks and defining company policies and procedures
You’ll need to have:
- At least 3 years of relevant experience practicing law, preferably at a top law firm and/or in-house at a financial or technology company
- Substantial experience drafting and negotiating contracts for complex commercial transactions
- The ability to analyze complex contracts and communicate to internal stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and clients
- The ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of other disciplines, often across regions and time zones
- An excellent eye for business and the ability to think strategically
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels and to both legal and non-legal professionals
- The ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
- Membership in the New York bar or necessary qualifications to register as in-house counsel
We'd love to see:
- Deep understanding of the legal and business aspects of content licensing
- Knowledge of intellectual property, data privacy/data security and competition law
- The ability to thrive in a diverse, collaborative, open-plan environment
- The ability to provide concise and commercially-focused advice in a dynamic, ever-changing workplace
If this sounds like you:Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider all applications that are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.