Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Your Role:With guidance and mentoring from experienced air quality engineers and scientists, provide air quality services for solid waste and industrial clients. Help navigate complex air quality regulations for permitting, on-going compliance and reporting. Assist project managers by performing calculations, preparing monitoring plans, providing audit assistance, and evaluating ever-changing regulations. Additional work may involve environmental site investigations, data management, and field services as needed.This role will have the support of a large organization and have a much smaller, focused feel with the day-to-day interactions within our Farmington Hills, MI office. This role has ability to support our Wisconsin client needs longer-term and possible relocation to Wisconsin (Madiosn, Green Bay, Sheboygan,) to support local clients can be discussed in the future.
- Read and understand federal, state and local air quality regulations.
- Routine review and compilation of monitoring data and evaluate for compliance with conditions of the facility’s Title V Air.
- Permit and standard operating procedures.
- Perform routine emission calculations and/or other types of calculations as required by a facility’s Title V Air Permit.
- Prepare greenhouse gas, monthly or more frequent deviation notices, semi-annual and annual compliance reports.
- Prepare plans required by the Title V Air Permit and state and federal regulations.
- Prepare requests that address alternatives to permit conditions and federal and state regulations.
- Assist project manager and client with addressing state regulators concerns and responses to requests and permit applications.
- Work with client operation and maintenance staff on maintaining compliance.
- Assist in preparation of construction and operation air permit applications.
- Collect samples and ship to laboratory for testing and prepare follow up reports, as necessary.
- Assist with performance testing of control devices.
- Perform evaluations of gas collection and control systems to improve operation and/or compliance.
- Perform quarterly methane surface monitoring for landfills.
- Work at landfills, hazardous waste sites, contaminated sites, and/or other sites where heavy equipment, contamination, or other health hazards may exist.
- Train with experienced staff on landfill wellfield tuning activities.
- Assist in proposal efforts as directed.
- Assist project manager with notifying clients of compliance status, as directed.
Implement safe work practices.
- Bachelor's degree in environmental science or related discipline and 2 to 5 years’ experience in a related or similar field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good communication skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Competency in technical writing including ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to perform scientific calculations. Team oriented.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, email, and other software as necessary to perform job functions. Knowledge of data management and GIS software a plus.
- Progress toward or professional registration or certification is preferred.
- Must obtain/maintain OSHA, HAZWOPER certification per company policy and job duties.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Work environment may be indoors, or outdoors for field assignments (in various climatic conditions). Field assignments may involve travel and extended periods away from home.
- The noise level in the work environment may vary based on the assignment.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, or sit based on the assignment. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear, and smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Physical clearance to wear PPE is required.
- An annual medical exam may be necessary based on the work assignment.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech’s core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.
- Organization: 209 SWE