Consumer Insights Analyst: Food & Drink Flavor and Ingredients
A strong and on-trend product development pipeline can make or break the success of CPG brands. especially in the food and drink space. Mintel's blue-chip clientele look to us for guidance in keeping product development strategies qualified and forward-looking. We are seeking a Consumer Insights Analyst with experience in the space to write insightful syndicated research reports for our US market. These reports are designed to help Mintel clients understand current and future flavor and ingredient trends to drive product formulation and marketing.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Creating Insightful, Topic-Based Reports: Creating insightful reports that combine consumer data with secondary research on flavor and ingredient trends at a category level. While US focused, these Reports will also look at ingredient and flavor trends globally to put US market in perspective and help predict future trends.
- Owning the full Research process: Writing 10 full consumer reports per year, managing the process from defining the report scope, identifying key issues, designing consumer research, conducting trade interviews, analyzing data and producing the final report.
- Providing in-depth analysis: Analyzing trending flavors and ingredients in various food and drink product categories, leveraging your category expertise along with consumer research and multiple proprietary Mintel tools to predict emerging flavor and ingredients.
- Translating Data Into Actionable Insights: Using a combination of consumer, market, and manufacturing and menu data to translate data to actionable insights and forward-looking analyses.
- Identifying Key Market Trends: Identifying and evaluating flavor and ingredient trends in the context of economic, consumer, and social trends.
- Building Strong Relationships: Collaborating with a wide range of colleagues across the company to include the commercial side of the business, our consulting division and several other teams.
- Developing Quantitative Consumer Surveys and Qualitative Exercises: Designing methods (eg. surveys and focus groups) to provide clients with an in-depth understanding of consumers interest in food and drink flavors and ingredients.
What We Are Looking For:
- A Researcher: You should have at least 3 years’ experience in a relevant research, marketing, shopper or consumer insights, branding or consulting role within the food & drink space, with a focus on flavors and/or ingredients, culinary product development, or marketing. You bring experience designing consumer research studies to address key issues and translating the findings into actionable insights.
- A Skilled Writer: You have exceptional writing skills with the ability to explain complicated concepts in a clear, concise way, providing insightful, forward-looking analysis.
- An Analytical Mindset: You have the ability to identify patterns in data, and understand what these patterns mean for consumers and brands, along with experience working with syndicated sales data, such as IRI or Nielsen and syndicated consumer research such as Simmons National Consumer Survey or MRI.
- A Lateral Thinker: You are able to spot innovations from a wide range of sectors to see how broader trends and themes are emerging.
- Commercially-Minded: You are dedicated to quality, ensuring accuracy and efficiency in your work to elevate Mintel as a top consumer insights company.
- Naturally Curious: You are naturally curious and great at navigating internal and external data, asking second and third level questions to see the patterns behind data to craft expert analysis to be used by clients.
- Self-Directed: You take initiative to solve problems and uncover opportunities. You’re self-motivated, curious, creative, and able to think strategically, while following set processes with strong attention to detail.
- Great Communicator: You have extremely polished verbal and written communication skills, and can adapt your communication style to internal and external partners. You speak clearly, concisely, and present yourself with confidence and with demonstrated presentation skills for larger audiences and individual clients.
- A Collaborator: You bring an energy to the table that encourages and develops internal relationships. You seek out opportunities to collaborate with peers in your department and across the organization to ultimately elevate our clients' experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets