Be part of digital that is shaping the world.Join our organisation, where we have a huge variety of projects on-the-go at any one time. So when you start this role with us, it could take your career wherever your interests lie. You'll find everyone here is willing to pitch in and help because we all want you to succeed, and we're ready to help you grow.
When it comes to living your life, we want you to get the most out of it. So talk to us about all our flexible and remote working policies that can support your personal priorities. Also, ask us about some of our recent pledges for Women's Equality, as well as being a 'Disability Confident' and 'Inclusive Employer.
This role is a for a Solution Architect who has good architecture skills and a strong interest in IdAM solutions and services. Cyber Security is a significant part of any work within ADS&T and within IdAM so you will be expected to become knowledgeable in this area as well.
You'll be supported to enable projects in Digital Technology – analysing, assessing and developing ways to mitigate cyber threats through the use of innovative IdAM services designed to meet the requirements of the solution. The wide variety of projects will keep you challenged and range from niche consultancy schemes to large, high profile, high value programmes.
- You will help capture the needs of the client for an IT solution taking a holistic view that captures all elements of the service including Functional and Non-Functional requirements. Secure by Design will be at the heart of what you deliver.
- Develop artefacts to enable the development and accreditation of the solution or service.
- Work with the client and System Engineers, SMEs and stakeholders to deliver the solution.
- Be responsible for the security aspects of the solution you own, balancing the security needs with the need to deliver to time, cost and quality.
- Work to the defined project pattern whether that be agile or waterfall according to the solution.
- Be respected by the client as a responsible, thorough and thoughtful person who delivers high quality products to time and quality covering all aspects of the solution.
- Apply the agreed approach to security and cyber systems that future proofs solutions to achieve best effect and digital advantage.
What you can bring?
- Digital Transformation experience including IdAM knowledge.
- Experience of dealing with stakeholders and requirements.
- Support to Business Case development.
- Technical Project Management skills.
- Support to Strategy and Roadmap/Blueprint development.
- Good negotiation, communication and relationship building skills.
- Personable team player, able to work under guidance and own initiative.
- Good people skills and team working focus.
- An understanding of client-facing consultancy.
- Knowledge of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS and how IdAM relates to those services.
- Demonstrate some understanding of the implementation challenges for some of the following technical areas:
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA).
- Privileged Access Management (PAM).
- Conditional Access.
- RBAC/ABAC in a complex multi-vendor environment.
- Federated Identity between traditional and Cloud services.
- Have a sound understanding of applying security across a range of technical platforms and multiple classification levels.
- Knowledge of applying security frameworks such as NIST or other equivalents.
- Be willing to gain such qualifications as CISSP/CCSP/CISM to support the business as required.
- Desire to work towards Cloud certifications.
- Experience of proactively driving your own learning and development.
- Appreciation of architectural frameworks such as TOGAF and supporting tools.
Why work for Atkins?People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the ADS&T Business Unit and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We value diversity and believe that everyone deserves to thrive, without exception. We have signed the MoD's "Women in Defence" and "Women in Aviation and Aerospace" charters. These pledges include providing opportunities for women to succeed at all levels. We're also committed to being a Military friendly employer and have been recognised with the Ministry of Defence's (MoD) Gold Employer Recognition Award.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
Meeting your needs:When you start with us, you'll enjoy , a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
More about us:Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a top global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join. We're also a Silver Rating holder in the Aerospace & Defence sector, as per the Financial Times rating of the UK’s leading management consultants.