What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The Role:Be part of the world's leading graphics accelerator team developing test applications for the functional and behavior verification of state-of-the-art graphics accelerators. This role executes designing and implementing GFX tests, as well as analyzing and debugging the results.
- The candidate should be a hardworking self-starter, proactive, able to share ideas, and able to provide design verification leadership.
- Exceptional problem-solving capabilities and data analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills
Key Responsibilities:The candidate would be responsible for planning, designing, writing, debugging and optimizing functional and stress tests for 3D graphics hardware IP.
Collaborate with hardware architects and logic designers to solve functional issues, and customer support engineers to help resolve testing deficiencies.
Work within existing test infrastructure on currently active projects.
Participate in system-level verification planning
- Candidate should have extensive experience in the diagnostic or verification environments with emphasis on ASIC system-level testing. A proven knowledge of hardware/software integration
- Real-time 3D computer graphics including the Direct3D and/or OpenGL application interfaces.
- HLSL and/or GLSL
- Standard diagnostic testing techniques
- A proven understanding of graphics engine architecture
- Strong software development skills on Linux and Windows
- Object-oriented programming in C++, STL, and Boost.
- Python, Perl, and Bash
- Experience developing in a sophisticated software environment
- Explore and adopt new or evolving testing methodologies used in the industry to verify complex ASIC designs within aggressive, market-driven schedules
- Experience with source code control systems
- Knowledge of cmake is a plus
- Knowledge of RTL design practices and tools
Bachelors/Masters in Electrical/Computer Engineering
Requisition Number: 180784
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
Job Function:DesignAMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact .
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.