This is AdyenAdyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos and Spotify.
Team Lead, Project OperationsWe’re looking for an experienced and motivated leader to join our Project Operations team to guide a team of Project Managers in Amsterdam. The role itself is very hands on, a successful candidate will likely manage a few projects themselves.
Our Project Operations Managers are primarily focused on execution and delivery of complex global In-store projects for the benefit of our customers, working with our merchants to ensure a successful roll out of their in-store payment systems. The team also manages projects to support our customers go live with our Adyen for platforms solution. Allowing our merchants to process both online and instore payments for their customers at scale.
Lastly the team also helps manage complex banking projects where our customers are utilizing our banking platform to roll out a variety of banking products such as card issuing and other financial products.
Overall, the team are experts in delivering complex technical solutions, have superb project management skills and will interact with internal and external stakeholders to create a seamless service deployment experience for customers looking to go live with Adyen.
You will build, mentor and coach a team of Project Operations Managers who are responsible for helping our merchants go live in a scalable and maintainable manner. You are comfortable streamlining team operations, encouraging effective collaboration and engaging with executives at all levels. As a critical role in the continued success of our EU operations, you will help to iterate on current processes and help build Adyen for the future.
What you'll do
- Motivate team members and encourage creativity while understanding training needs. Provide coaching in areas including but not limited to: managing customer expectations, building relationships with internal and external stakeholders, managing and delivering projects in an effective manner.
- Serve as a senior stakeholder, providing strategic and consultative advice to influence and fulfil the global payments strategy of our merchants.
- Set clear individual and team goals focused on operational scalability.
- Report on performance and metrics at an executive level.
- Create an inspiring and collaborative team environment with an open communication/feedback culture.
- Recruit new team members in line with the Adyen culture and required skills
Who you are
- Experienced with IT projects within a large global company working in finance, retail or general technology.
- Experience managing a team, this will include coaching and training the team.
- A proven track record of helping to lead global process change, setting up tools and procedures so that Adyen continues to be successful from an operational perspective.
- Experience defining goals and objects for teams that you have worked with and ensure that the team itself is brought into your plans and joining you on the journey that you set out.
- Excellent Project Management skills and the ability to steer and manage detailed, time-sensitive initiatives in a fast-paced environment with little supervision.
- Ability to interface seamlessly with a global team, adapting to international time constraints where appropriate.
- Clear understanding of the challenges of global commerce and the various components that are required of a client to be successful across different regions.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
What’s next?Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.