When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine.
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 26 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation.
- Participate in high level technical work with little or no instruction.
- Responsible for moderate level of planning.
- Follows blueprints, guidelines, and/or diagrams to ensure product specifications and tolerance levels are met.
- Participate on project teams.
- Apply technical expertise in the evaluation, development, maintenance and use of complex products, devices, tests, or procedures under constantly changing conditions where ingenuity and judgments
- Provide Work Direction
- Monitor and direct staff activity.
- Provide clear directions and assign responsibility for tasks.
- Provide daily work direction to junior technicians.
- Assist in training.
- Interact regularly with other functional groups, suppliers or customers primarily on technical matters to solve problems.
- Participate in the development and execution of plans for functional group.
- Technical Asset Management
- Manage technical assets which requires support from personnel, outside sources, and other functional groups to complete tasks.
- Requisition, manage, and maintain technical assets.
- Provide accurate recording of time changes, test data, parts usage, etc. with minimal data interpretation.
- Prepare ECOs and Bill of Materials (BoMs) for subsequent approval
- Retrieve documentation on demand.
- Writing and filing data.
- Manufacturing Activities
- Support manufacturing activities through the resolution of production problems and preparation and maintenance of manufacturing documentation.
- Design tools, fixtures, product flow documentation of floor layouts to maximize production efficiency and achieve product design objectives.
- Assist in collecting data for the establishment of labor standards.
- Participate in material review activities.
- 1 year of manufacturing experience.
- Ability to read prints and follow assembly instruction.
- Must be able to effectively work in an environment requiring repetitive job responsibilities.
- Ability to focus on safety and quality is extremely important.
- Must be highly motivated and dedicated to exceed customer expectations.
- Production experience is preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.