Primary Objective of Position:Under supervision, responsible for generating a sales volume at, or above, assigned quotes and at acceptable gross margins. This employee will work with upstream/midstream oil & gas as well as OEM accounts in the Northern Colorado and Southern Wyoming area.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Obtain maximum bookings from assigned sales territory.
- Sell company products to prospects and customers complying with company policies and pricing.
- Keep management informed of competitive and business trends or developments within assigned territory.
- Effectively communicate status or act as coordinator on major sales projects.
- Accurately forecast territory and account bookings in dollars and meter sizes for month and quarter.
- Promote Micro Motion in local process industry trade shows.
- Identify new-product opportunities and effectively communicate same to Boulder.
- Develop and execute an effective sales plan which ensures maximum coverage of assigned territory and accounts.
- Maintain cognizance of competitive activity in product lines, changes in marketing philosophy or techniques, and general trends in market conditions that could affect the sale of Micro Motion products.
- Recommend engineering changes to existing products, new product potential, and new approaches for greater market penetration.
- Perform other related responsibilities as directed by Sales management.
- Service existing accounts and constantly strive to increase market share.
- Maintain and increase sales volume with established accounts and aggressively seek new customers by formulating and following planned sales strategies and company marketing programs to ensure optimum profitable sales penetration in assigned territory.
- Seek new uses and applications for Micro Motion products with present and prospective customers.
- Meet all assigned personal objectives.
- Maintain knowledge of customer's projects and program schedules related to use of our products to ensure that these projects are pursued in a timely manner.
- Understand customer's organizational structure and develop rapport with all areas which influence decisions on use of our products.
- Develop and maintain a positive business relationship with key buying influences within assigned territory.
- Maintain a positive Micro Motion image with customers and business associates.
- Analyze customer specifications and requirements for suitability with our products.
- Achieve prompt, mutually satisfactory solutions to customer complaints and problems.
- Communicate effectively inter- and intra-regional business activity.
- Keep sales/marketing management aware of activities (existing & potential) within assigned territory/markets, through written "sales call" reports, status reports and personal formal/informal discussions.
- Prepare sales forecast based on prospects and call activity. Communicate any competitive activity and installed account activity, as well as new-market and new-product opportunities.
- Prepare an annual sales forecast for assigned territory/markets as required by sales/marketing management.
- Maintain up-to-date customer and territory records in accordance with Regional/District Managers' instructions.
- Prepare and submit call and expense reports as required.
- Exercise sound business judgment in all areas of responsibility.
- Actively participate in local ISA activities and other industry organizations.
- Acquire and maintain a knowledge of competitive products' strengths and weaknesses.
- Acquire the self-discipline necessary to work effectively and consistently with limited supervision.
- Acquire the administrative and organizational skill to submit complete reports to the Regional Office in a timely manner.
- Acquire and maintain an in-depth knowledge of Micro Motion projects and their applications.
- Acquire and maintain an in-depth knowledge of basic troubleshooting procedures for Micro Motion products.
- Utilize a substantial level of technical knowledge and field experience in presenting the products, evaluating customer requirements, troubleshooting, training customer personnel, and recommending design revisions and potential new products.
- Embark on and sustain a self-study program for development of personal selling skills.
- Take direction from company management and actively carry out management directives.
Qualifications:Strong communications skills, interest in technical sales, professional appearance.
Experience:Three years sales experience, preferably in industrial flow measurement equipment.
Education:Bachelor’s degree required - Engineering or related technical field preferred.
Physical Demands: N/A