Job Description - Information Technology Project Manager (71023509)
Information Technology Project Manager(71023509)
Job Posting:Oct 11, 2018-Ongoing
Job Type:Information Technology
ENERGY FOR WHAT’S AHEADAre you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Information TechnologyThe role of IT goes beyond the traditional Information Technology “service provider.” Many of the innovative ideas and projects that shape the company’s future and move SCE forward are dependent on technology. IT employees are at the heart of these projects, collaborating, designing and executing technology solutions that are transforming our industry.
- Responsible for delivering multiple Software projects in the IT & Cyber Security portfolio with a high degree of quality and within scope, schedule and budget.
- Provides project management oversight and direction to project teams to ensure solution and service delivery.
- Partners and collaborates with multiple stakeholders at various levels of management including IT vendors, Telecom, Cybersecurity, Change & Release Management, Service Management, Finance, Supply Chain and Operations
- Aligns multiple stakeholders to assess performance against project plans, issue resolution, and escalation; effectively communicates with all levels of management.
- Supports the evaluation, development and implementation of IT projects and services within an OU.
- Familiarity in executing projects in both agile and waterfall methodology
- Directs project planning (scope, schedule, and budget), project initiation, project execution, and project closure by adhering to SCE IT standards and processes.
- Manages all stages of the systems development life cycle, including analysis, estimation, design, evaluation, demonstration, construction, testing, implementation, and post-implementation support through warranty period. Ensures project outcomes satisfy requirements and quality targets.
- Monitors, measures and reports on project progress to management and clients. Leads forecasting, financial management, change management, risk management, and project tracking and controls for assigned projects.
- Manages project schedule and budget including cost plans, invoices, and work orders; develop 90% confidence in project estimates.
- Maintains project financials and ongoing project status in SAP and the IT Project Management tool.
- Manages project dependencies including Change and Release management.
- Responsible for capacity planning, forecasting, and balancing of human resource needs of project resources needed from business, IT and suppliers.
- Proactively and independently manages project risks and issues against project scope, timeline, and budget.
- Utilizes project controls to ensure quality delivery of key project artifacts, including monitoring of quality and project performance metrics.
- Conducts and participates in regularly scheduled project team meetings and Sponsor updates to provide general status on project deliverables, milestones and overall project work.
- Provides input to and/or approves project documentation including Project Charter, Business Requirements Document, Test Plans, and other delivery/execution deliverables. Performs review and approval (where appropriate) of vendor Statements of Work, purchase order agreements and invoices.
- Work with capacity management to ensure that the service providers have sufficient capacity to meet the required demand.
- Manages suppliers, service contracts, project metrics, and contracts to meet project objectives.
- US Citizenship required as part of the Critical Infrastructure security protocols.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Seven (7) or more years of experience supporting or leading Software projects or key business initiatives.
- Three (3) or more years of experience managing successful implementation of projects against scope, schedule and budget.
- Three (3) or more years of experience managing project quality, including quality assurance, metrics and quality controls.
- Two (2) or more years of professional work experience managing suppliers, service contracts, project metrics, and contracts to meet project objectives.
- Five (5) or more years of experience working in Information Technology, serving in a Cyber Security and/or Network Engineering role in a Regulated Industry.
- Two (2) or more years of IT portfolio and customer relationship management experience.
- Knowledge of Information Security best practice such as NIST 800 series, ISO 27000 series, ISA, or COBIT
- Professional training and certifications consistent with Project Management including Six Sigma, ITIL, PMP and/or Agile or Scrum certification.
- Additional certifications, including:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information System Manager (CISM)
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Relocation does not apply to this position.
- Link to Employment / Mobility Policy
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.