Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Vacation
- Under direction of the Project Manager or designee the duties include but are not limited to supporting the Collections Department in the planning and scheduling of all sanitary and storm water operations, maintenance and repair activities as assigned in a safe and efficient manner.
- The role of the Collections Planner/Scheduler (P/S) is to improve work force productivity and work quality through planning and coordination of manpower, parts and material and equipment access. The individual is responsible for planning, scheduling and coordination of all O&M work for the storm water and sanitary sewer collections systems with input from the Collections Supervisor or Manager, associated City staff and representatives of the Regional UGAM group. The planner is not involved in unscheduled emergency and urgent work after normal business hours however may need to work overtime in the event of extreme intensity or duration rainfall events.
- The first day from a planner’s perspective is “next week.” An effective planner will significantly increase craft’s productivity by ensuring the work, information and tools are prepared ahead of time and the travel time is minimized.
- This position shares responsibility with others for ensuring regulatory and contract compliance through achievable metrics. Firm understanding of the Collections O&M contract, Sanitary Sewer Management Plan, storm water regulations and associated regulatory permitting, reporting processes and compliance for same are integral parts of the job.
- Incumbent should have experience in collections O&M and possess technical certification in Collection Systems Maintenance through the CWEA (California Water Environment Association).
- Prefer previous experience in collection system InfoNet infrastructure O&M relational database management including: CMMS work order scheduling, CCTV operations and hardware/software technologies and platforms, and PACP/MACP condition assessment training/certification.
- Strengths in dispatching of field crews, tactful/respectful/efficient fielding of citizen's calls and complaints, SQL language, GIS, Microsoft Office suite proficiency highly desired.