Implementation Consultant PLM
Job Family: Engineering
Job DescriptionDivision: Government Services
Business Unit: Government Services
Requisition Number: 234588
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Reston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 70%
Division Description:Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, uniquely qualified to perform work for the U.S. Government. We are focused on enhancing the safety and security of the nation's assets and infrastructure, as well as assisting to improve operational and energy performance.
As an independent U.S. company with its own Board of Directors, SGT maintains a unique relationship with Siemens. We are able to leverage resources of professionals world-wide with demonstrated domain expertise and proven past performance to manage large-scale, mission critical programs. The future of SGT is bright. By integrating world-class people, process, products and technology, SGT is expanding its role as an important part of our nation's security.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity to grow your career with a well-established company.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemensgovt.com/
Job Description:Position Overview
Siemens Government Technologies (SGT) is a dynamic and rapidly growing organization and we are seeking a self-driven individual to complement our growing team.
As a Technical Consultant you will act as part of a Professional Services team, work productively with other Consultants, Architects, Project Managers, and other internal & external interfaces to ensure that the customer succeeds in their objectives. The Technical Consultant is responsible for delivering individual project consulting and technical expertise in systems infrastructure, integrations and data migration for Siemens projects throughout the project lifecycle in order for the Siemens solution to be delivered successfully and provide value to the customer. You will work on projects/assignments of basic to moderate scope. Actively participates in Country Communities of Practice, leveraging technical and industry best practices and templates to deliver project tasks, providing experiences to support continual improvement.
Responsibilities:Sales Support and Services Opportunity Management
- Provide technical support for proof of concepts and demonstration/prototypes
- Provide input into, and generate documentation, to support effort estimates, and/or customer response documentation/Statement of work (SOW)
Customer Engagement & Relationship Management
- Maintain effective relationships with internal customer, external customers, and technical peers to support effective delivery
- Under guidance and in line with project processes and messaging, interact with the customer to support the management of customer expectations and support customer adoption
- Manage stakeholders' expectations
- Provide information and feedback to internal or external customers in a timely, accurate and appropriate manner, as required by defined project activities, ensuring that key messages are communicated effectively
- Delivery individual project consulting and technical expertise in systems infrastructure, integrations and data migration for Siemens projects throughout the project lifecycle (including infrastructure/ performance/ migration and/or integration/testing/deployment/production support/post production support) in order for the Siemens solution to be delivered successfully and provide value to the customer.
- Understand the context of the customer project, its contract type, key deliverables and engagement model.
- Understand the work breakdown for the assigned work stream, how any associated deployment templates will align, its relationship to other work streams and the overall customer solution
- Provide support for estimation of time frames, work package breakdown, capability definitions required to successfully implement the project
- Provide accurate and timely information to technical team lead or project management team
- Contribute to the generation of relevant level of project support documentation in line with Siemens or customer Project Management Methodology
- Contribute to quality and phase gate reviews.
- Support the review of technical implementation experiences with project delivery team, capturing and sharing lessons learnt as part of the project review and close activities
- Effectively comply with project change management rules for the project
- Understand customer’s business goals, objectives and needs and the general business environment
- Work with the Infrastructure or Technical Architect to support Architecture tasks
- Perform infrastructure design and sizing tasks using available tools for new deployments and upgrades under guidance of Architect.
- Execute performance analysis, tuning, baseline performance analysis, and monitoring activities for customer deployments under guidance of Architect
- Install and configure common operating systems, database solutions using installation / configuration best practices for non-global deployments under guidance of Architect
- Analyze current data for volume, attribute, and quality
- Support the data migration activities for legacy data and systems
- Develop test strategies/plans and perform testing activities, reporting results and resolving issues
- Support knowledge transfer (deliver training courses, user guides, coaching of users etc) in order to facilitate customer staff development and growth with implementation tasks and PLM technology
- Development and deliver interfaces with other systems as required by the solution design
- Provide specialist technical support for escalated customer product related issues from GTAC, resolving implementation, configuration and integration issues not related to product quality by undertaking root cause analysis of critical problems and apply appropriate resolution, including liaison with customer and/or third party resources.
- Interact with product development on product related issues that are impacting the performance of the customers’ solution, registering and tracking customer specific PR's where appropriate
Knowledge Sharing/Reuse and Practice Participation
- Actively participate in the community of Practice for own specialist area; collaborate through contributing to social commentary and sharing experiences to support organizations knowledge sharing initiatives.
- Author/contribute to the documentation of standards, processes, and policies related to deployment of technical solutions.
- Maintain an understanding of latest technical and industry trends, transfer knowledge into innovative solution practices.
- Keep up to date with Best Practices and methods within own area of specialism, and apply these in everyday role
- Must be a United States Citizen with no dual citizenship or ties to any other country, foreign passports, work visas or contacts.
- BS/BA in related discipline or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Three (3) or more years of experience in aforementioned requirements
- Experience specific to PLM build and deployment activities
- Knowledge of and experience working with PLM software and applications
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to converse with and explain technical documents will all levels of management and customers with varying skill levels
- Ability to work under self-management on routine assignment/projects and light supervision on new assignment/projects.
- Willingness and ability to travel to appropriate work locations, as required by SISW or specified by the customer pursuit/project.
- Willingness and availability to work the core hours required by SISW or specified by the customer project, respecting local country legislation and company policies.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.