Equities Developer - AWS, C#
The IHS Markit Financial Services business group deliver data, insight and software that combine our unparalleled expertise, unique content sets and leading technology to the benefit of our clients.
In this role, you will build and manage a team of talented engineers contributing to key parts of the Financial Services Equities platform. You will be an instrumental member of our unique, people first culture, where your blend of collaboration, technical prowess, cross functional interactions, team mentorship, and overall problem solving will be relied upon to lead your teams towards continual improvement in software engineering excellence.
You’ll bring a combination of expertise in building cloud-based software products, experience working with US and Asia based companies as a geographically extended portion of the team and are skilled at driving high efficiency engineering teams using Agile methodology.
You and your teams will own the technology evolution of the products you work on, partnering with business facing Product Owners across the firm.
- Write, build and deploy code pushing our products further
- Analyze business application requirements, identify concerns and develop action plans
- Be part of an Agile team, using company’s latest software development life-cycle working closely with team members from Romania and US
- Leverage our Cloud infrastructure (AWS) in order to design solutions that make the best of it
- Maintains existing legacy applications
- Track down and resolve bugs in any OPIS code base
- Adhere to best practice development standards (such as continuous integration and deployment)
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related technical field
- 2 to 5 years of experience
- Strong knowledge of OOP principles
- Good understanding of a relational database engine e.g. SQL Server (or Oracle)
- Experience with modern software development life-cycle
- Must speak and write in English fluently
- Cloud/SaaS/Web Services development, SOA/microservices architecture
- Experienced with hands on full stack development in progressive stacks, such as C#, Python, Java, Angular
- Deep understanding of RDBMS, SQL and NoSQL alternatives
- Familiarity with building on and deploying containerized services to 3rd party platforms such as AWS
- Knowledge applying a test-driven CI/CD framework and culture at a team level
- A background with Big Data driven analysis and productization
- The ability to break down and drive solutions to technical problems as they arise
- Capacity planning and scalability
- Availability management and understanding of costs vs benefits of building highly reliable systems
- Desire to drive a team to learn and grow AWS knowledge and skills
- Understanding and knowledge of the WSO business and the Loans Franchise
- Experience with configuration management and infrastructure management systems
- Strategically focused, and experienced in developing multi-year strategies and roadmaps that drive execution and results
WHAT WE OFFER
- Attractive benefits package (Medical services, Special discounts for gyms, Meal vouchers)
- Ongoing Education (Participation in conferences and training)
- Access to the most interesting information technologies
- Work from home & Flexible Working Hours
- The ability to implement your own ideas and solutions
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (pool table, PlayStation)
- Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
- New and modern office, easy to access (M Aurel Vlaicu), spacious desks, latest technologies/equipment
- Parking place
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
Current ColleaguesIf you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.