Oliver Wyman Digital Solution ArchitectLocation: New York, New York, United States
Company: Oliver Wyman Job ID R_077947-enSave Job
WHO WE ARE
Oliver Wyman Digital is a ground-breaking division within Oliver Wyman delivering world-class solutions to give our clients a competitive edge. We work across the full technology stack from databases and analytics to APIs and web and mobile applications. With a mixture of over 300 consultants, specialists and support professionals in 16 major cities across the world, we’re committed to growth that retains our start-up agility while expanding our opportunities for world-class work.
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With a staff of over 5,000 spread across 30 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation.
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIESNo two OW Digital projects are the same. You’ll be working with varied and diverse teams to deliver unique and unprecedented products across industries. The Solution Architect is crucial to designing, defining, and delivering solutions that deliver breakthrough impact for our clients enabled by best-in-class architecture and technology. As a Solution Architect, you will work alongside Oliver Wyman partners in the Digital and other practice groups, engage directly with clients to understand their business challenges, and craft appropriate solutions to be delivered by OW Digital specialists and consultants.
Your responsibilities will include, for example:
- crafting and architecting technical solutions to challenging problems
- effective engagement with Oliver Wyman partners to represent OW Digital capabilities
- shaping opportunities, formulating solutions, and anchoring delivery of client engagements (small and large)
- delivering impact to the firm and to our clients via your expertise, knowledge, insight, and creative problem-solving at the intersection of strategy and tech
- building relationships both with colleagues and with clients
- travel (mainly domestic) up to 40% dependent on engagement needs
You are a well-rounded technologist who brings a wealth of real-world experience with:
- building things using different tools and technologies and demonstrating the ability to align with evolving technical trends
- producing solution architecture for enterprise-scale engagements with security, extensibility, and robustness at the forefront
- working across varying facets of the technology stack
- database (both RDBMS and NoSQL) design and implementation
- public cloud environments (eg, AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Integration of and consideration for security applied across the technology stack
- versatility with technology and ability to apply the appropriate technology to problem-solving
- analysis of and integration with new and existing client data and systems
We’re also hoping you’ll be able to show us experience with as many of the following:
- Financial Services domain, cap markets in particular
- Health and Life Sciences domain
- Consumer, Retail, Energy, or Transportation domains
- Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese
Our team comprises all sorts of people from all sorts of backgrounds. We don’t care whether you’re loud or quiet, funny or serious, introverted or extroverted. We do, however, ask that you have:
- A genuine passion for technology and solving problems
- A pragmatic approach to solutioning and delivery
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A clear commitment to creating impactful solutions that solve our clients’ problems
- The willingness to work fluidly and respectfully with our incredibly talented team
OUR VALUES & CULTUREWe’re serious about making OW Digital a rewarding, enjoyable, and balanced place to work.
- Rewarding work
We’ve worked hard to earn our reputation for high quality work. That reputation allows us to work with major brands at all levels on incredibly exciting projects. Combine that with Oliver Wyman’s status as one of the Fortune 100 “Best Companies to Work For”, and you get a rewarding combination of challenge, support and recognition.
- Progressive employment
Flat organizational structures, resolute I&D values and a commitment to rewarding good work make for a progression path truly based on merit. A menu of healthcare options, 401k matching, and a culture of continuous improvement means your work gets more rewarding over time.
- Enjoyable days
We want our team members to build a career here—and to be happy. That makes us serious about caring for, mentoring, developing and sponsoring each other.
This commitment also leads to opportunities for social impact and community work on company time.
- Balanced lives
Our work is demanding, and we want you to have the best work-life balance you can. We’ll work with you to accommodate your personal life with flexible hours and the ability to work from home.