Junior Research Analyst- Energy
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance, and government to provide the unrivaled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence. IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision-makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk. Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
Energy Data Analyst is an essential role that helps ensure the quality of the data used in critical energy market analysis by energy companies and develop new data offerings by researching and implementing the most efficient way to collect data.
- Collaborate with both technical and functional partners and use their understanding of operations to help build solutions to meet business unit/domain needs.
- May partner with subject matter experts and commercial leaders to identify, scope, develop, and bring solutions to market.
- Assist in the analysis and resolution of natural gas and power supply, demand and flow data.
- Analyses and verifies energy data to ensure data integrity, consistency, correctness, and completeness of the data population within the corporate data repository.
- Provides a comparative analysis of data collections/sources against the corporate data stores to determine the most efficient data integration strategy and conversion into a corporate data repository.
- Researches and develops effective methods for data collection and participates in the implementation and delivery of enhanced data collection processes to transform raw data into critical data and insight.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Leverage data software skills to manage and manipulate complex high-volume data from a variety of sources and derive insight from data in pursuit of developing new solutions and enhancing existing offerings.
To be considered for this opportunity, candidates should demonstrate the following education, skills and experience:
- A degree or comparable experience is preferred
- Excel skills and proficiency with other MS applications
- Dynamic person with very good researching skills
- Analysis of information from different sources
- Problem solver
- The ability to work to deadlines and prioritize a complex workload
- Strong attention to detail
- A flexible attitude and the ability to work collaboratively
What We Offer
- Quiet, modern, open space offices near Aurel Vlaicu metro station, across Promenada Mall
- Attractive benefits package (medical services, discounts for gyms, meal vouchers)
- Ongoing education (Participation in conferences and trainings)
- Comfortable work/life balance: Work from home & Flexible Working Hours
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (pool table, PlayStation)
- Reading room
- Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
- Parking Place
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
Current ColleaguesIf you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.