Are you a recent graduate passionate about marketing and looking to build a career in one of the worlds leading healthy food and drinks company? Then our new Assistant Brand Manager roles could be for you...
Danone is a global food company with market leading brands in 3 divisions: Waters (Evian, Volvic), Dairies (Actimel, Activia, Light & Free) & Specialised Nutrition (Fortisip, Aptamil, & Cow&Gate). We are looking for postive, forward-thinking people to help us within Danone Waters drive our mission to inspire people towards healthier drinking habits, through offering a suite of taste-led health beverages. We are the market leaders in Bottled Water Drinks and have been evolving our portfolio to play more widely in Soft Drinks, by becoming pioneers of ‘next generation healthy’ consumption.
BUSINESS CONTEXT:We are looking for Assistant Brand Managers (ABM) across our Water brands evian, Volvic & L’MON.
- evian is the iconic number 1 plain still water brand in the UK, and the biggest brand of DWUK. The UK is a key market of the global evian brand, and the UK evian team has the reputation as global best practice in many areas including industry award winning Wimbledon activations, and sustainability. However, in a challenging category context DWUK needs to really drive breakthrough thinking, lead on sustainability, and deliver excellent execution and innovation to continue to drive performance of the premium evian brand.
- Volvic is the biggest bottled water brand in the UK and has a wide range of products spanning plain still and flavour water. The next couple of years on the brand will be hugely exciting as we plan to relaunch our portfolio and enter into a new phase of growth.
- L'mon, from the makers of Volvic is our first major innovation in fizzy drinks, We launched in 2019 as the first big taste, all natural fizzy drink on the Market. We have huge ambitions for the range as we believe it could redefine the category and drive a whole new era of growth for Danone Waters.
An ABM role in Danone Waters will help build a strong foundation for your career as you will be exposed to all elements of the marketing mix. Each of the roles key accountabilities and weighting towards specific deliverables will differ depending on the specific brand needs, but all role’s guarantee broad exposure across the business. You will have the opportunity to develop strong cross-functional leadership skills as you will work closely with commercial strategy, shopper marketing, sales, supply chain, quality, regs and legal across several different projects.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES SHARES ACROSS ALL ABM ROLES:
- Activation; Lead shopper asset development and instore activation of launched innovations from planning to execution, eg influencer events
- Lead packaging development; brief and manage all artwork amends, co-ordinate feedback from brand team, legal & regs and feedback to the agency concisely. Manage the graphic chain process ensuring all materials are delivered on time.
- Lead ongoing measurement and evaluation; working with commercial strategy to provide monthly company updates on performance to date and upcoming activation. Search and spin key learnings into an action plan.
- Full Budget responsibility; Responsible for managing the budget for the brand, raising purchase orders and meticulously tracking our spend and preparing a monthly update on this.
- Lead internal engagement; Lead the ongoing internal engagement plan & gaining traction from the business behind the brands and ensuring it remains top of mind.
- Support campaign development & execution; work closely with the Senior Brand Manager on developing campaign assets, taking ownership of at least 1-2 elements of the plan e.g. digital & influencers.
- Support the innovation pipeline; Support the development and execution of the innovation pipeline for the brand, leading specific range extension projects through the innovation process and leading the project team to deliver these within the agreed time frames. Brief key range changes to consumer careline team.
- Support cross-functional teams; Support sales with on-going material to maintain and drive listings; continually update the go to market toolkit, including up to date sell in decks to drive engagement.
- Recent graduate or alternative academic marketing qualification or 1-2 years equivalent marketing experience
- Passionate about Marketing, about Danone and about working in waters
- Clear communicator with an ability to communicate own ideas and convictions
- Positive can-do attitude, with a proactive approach
- Able to adopt a flexible approach and adapt to changing priorities
- Creative flair and displays curiosity in bringing the outside in
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise & meet deadlines
- Ability to work both as part of a team and own your own on projects
- Good Excel & Powerpoint skills
- Must be fluent in English
For more information about Danone, its people and its business, please visit danone.com We have something special inside, do you?