Ownership for the delivery of all engineering requirements across the project delivery
lifecycle of specific multi-disciplinary EPC contracts within the Nuclear Division of
This engineering role will be focused on contract delivery, providing engineering
management, direction and leadership for the Project Team. The PEM will be
responsible for the Engineering schedule and budget whilst working closely with the
Customer/End User to agree the technical solution and manage Customer
expectations. The PEM will also be responsible for creating and owning the
Engineering Management Plan and ensuring that the Engineering aspects of the project
are delivered in accordance with Company Life Cycle Management and legislative
standards and be responsible for planning and managing the maturity design reviews.
- Recognised Project Management qualification (desirable)
- Engineering qualification, to at least HND or Degree level
- A “can do” and “in this together” attitude and approach to work
- Wide ranging experience of delivery of complex multi-disciplinary engineering
solutions in a nuclear decommissioning environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with and influence a wide range of customers
and stakeholders to ensure expectations are managed and met.
- Able to draw on a range of project management skills, tools and approaches
- Commercially aware and considers commercial impacts of decisions and
- Communication of complex technical information in a variety of forms to both
technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrable competence in effective management and leadership of a delivery
team, with experience of delivering through people
. Excellent technical competence and understanding relating to engineering solutions
- Persuasive and influential, able to get results from geographically and organisationally diverse
- Ensuring the engineering solutions are delivered to schedule and budget and
meet the client requirements.
- Ensure the engineering solution meets the relevant standards
- Technical lead for the project ensuring the correct approach for delivery
- Communication across teams and to project stakeholders ensuring expectations
- Coordination and management of the supply chain to deliver required results
- Identify and coordinate applicable engineering change requests
- Risk identification and mitigation, anticipating engineering challenges
- Take ownership of engineering problems, seeing them through to resolution
- Working with planning colleagues to create and maintain realisation programmes
- Ownership of the Validation and Verification Plan, Configuration Management
. Plan and Digital Execution Plan for the project and ensuring these plans are
deployed across the project
The IndividualDriven individual with excellent communication skills and ability to deliver through a
TrainingAtkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities
designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed
with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in
achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.