About the job
Scope and AuthorityThe Programmer is responsible for the programming of laser and/or CNC machines independent writing of programs, the (offline) programming of complex products in accordance with 3D CAD design for machining centers (turning and milling combinations) with the help of CAM software, and is also responsible for the necessary tooling. The Programmer has to cover at least 2 product families: rollers, shafts, and plastic and combination parts.
- Designing of tooling (such as cutting tools, molds, etc.) and CNC programs for proto, 0-series and standard production
- Collaboration with work preparation, Manufacturing Engineering and Machine Operators
- Programming of complex products with lasers, turning and/or milling machining (including 5-axis simultaneous)
- Checking new and/or modified CNC programs using simulation software
- Advising, evaluating, and testing the manufacturability of products in the proto, 0-series, and the standard production
- Making recommendations about the cutting tools to be used, and testing any new developments in the field of cutting tools for practical usefulness
- Evaluating, checking, and administrative processing of the feedback from Machines Operators
- Managing the program and tool database, drawing up machining information sheets, and supporting the formulation and updating of the process descriptions
- Modelling and detail design of tooling
- Checking and monitoring the supply lead times and standard lead times of the program.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement of the machines, products, templates and the work process
Skills and Abilities
- Leading and Initiating Action: initiates activity and changes into work processes, makes quick, clear decisions, which may include tough choices or considered risk
- Leading and Supervising: Provides others with a clear direction, motivates and empowers others, provides staff with development opportunities and coaching
- Working with People: listens to others, builds team spirit and reconciles conflict, adapts to the team and fits in well
- Adhering to Principles and Values: Demonstrates integrity
- Analyzing: Probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem, makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis
- Planning and Organizing: Sets clearly defined objectives, manages time effectively, monitors performance against deadlines and milestones
- Adapting and Responding to Change: tolerates ambiguity, accepts new ideas and change initiatives
Education, Knowledge, and Experience
- Secondary education in a subject related to Turning and Milling, adhering to local legal requirements or equivalent work experience
- Must be able to work independently in at least 2 product families and have excellent knowledge of the associated software
- Up-to-date knowledge of all the latest developments in the field of software, machines, and tooling
- Experience with and knowledge of 5-axis simultaneous programming (as well as 3D and 4D)
- Knowledge of English and of local language
- Experience with and comfort working in multi-cultural, multi-discipline organization is an advantage
Commitment to Global SafetyAs a Marel employee you are expected to respect internal rules and actively contribute to the delivery of the corporate Safety policy and guidance to ensure Marel is a safe place to work.
Marel Vision and ValuesIn partnership with our customers we are transforming the way food is processed. Our vision is of a world where quality food is produced sustainably and affordably. Marel’s core values are: Unity, Innovation and Excellence.
To learn more about what it is like to work at Marel,
A career at Marel is open to everyone with a passion for great food, good service and good times. Whether you want to be a cook, a server or work behind the scenes, America’s diner is always open to take your application. Our many great management opportunities allow individuals with strong leadership quality, good communication and people skills, and with a desire to succeed through hard work a chance at a rewarding career! We employ valuable community members and we offer our neighborhood customers friendly, attentive service.
At Marel, we love to feed people.to find out why.