About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
About Wells Fargo Philippines
enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting business lines and staff functions across Operations, Risk and Compliance, Project Management, Finance & Accounting and Data Analytics. We operate in Taguig City, Metro Manila.
The Human Resources and Learning team within the Shared Services department addresses the various needs of the organization by efficiently and effectively delivering HR services, nurturing diverse talent for the company's long-term success.
About the Role
The Background Verification (BV) Adjudicator will be responsible for overseeing the successful execution of pre and post-employment screening programs covering criminal, global sanctions, employment checks, education checks and others as defined by the company and within the country level regulations. He will drive the successful adjudication of background check results with the site's key decision makers. He will apply his knowledge of recruiting, onboarding and background screening process to ensure consistent compliance to the defined pre and post-hire background screening requirements.
- Collaborates with more senior BV adjudicators and accredited vendor partner to further understand case details of candidates/hires with major/minor background verification findings
- Drives the successful adjudication of background check results, including managing and responding to queries/escalations from the background check vendor, recruiters, and candidates/TMs.
- Monitors the background check results of identified candidates & new hires based on company-defined background verification (BV) parameters. Oversees the end-to-end background check process within the site and collaborates with the recruitment operations team
- Collaborates with staffing specialists and accredited vendor partner to further understand case details of candidates/hires with major/minor background verification findings
- Handles email correspondence to gather additional information, details or supporting documents from candidates/team members to address the background check discrepancies and/or findings
- Handles direct communication with assigned reviewers/approvers to ensure they are informed about the background verification results which may impact the candidate/new hire's employment status.
- Provides all the necessary information and supporting documents relevant to adjudicate the case.
- Ensures smooth & consistent execution of background check process, including closure/disposition of BV cases with major/minor findings
- Maintains complete record of background verification cases with major/minor findings, including all supporting documents and key decisions
- Provides regular weekly & monthly management reports as designed and ad hoc reports as necessary
Market Skills and Certifications
- Candidate must be a Bachelor's/College Degree holder
- 1-2 years combined recruitment & onboarding experience, preferably in APAC region
- Strong attention to details and ability to clearly and effectively communicate (written/verbal) with candidates, stakeholders and team members
- Risk & controls compliance: Can apply risk assessment and know how to adhere with compliance requirements
- Has the ability to maintain data confidentiality and comply with information security
- With functional expertise on background checks/pre-employment screening and any applicant tracking tool
- Analytical Skills: Ensures in-depth understanding and rationalize situations to achieve effective recommendations/resolutions
- Must be willing to work in mid-shift (1:00PM to 10:00PM), extended hours and workdays if needed as deemed necessary by the business
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.