Technical Sales Representative - Microscopy Systems (SOCA)
Date: Jul 21, 2021
Santa Barbara, CA, US
Job Function: Commercial
Business Unit: Andor Technology
At Oxford Instruments, we enable the world’s leading industrial companies and scientific research communities to image, analyse and manipulate materials down to the atomic and molecular level. With a sixty-year history, and fourteen Queen’s Awards for Enterprise, our world-class products and technologies are helping our customers to address the greatest challenges of the 21st century.
Why Andor?Andor Technology is the global leader in the pioneering and manufacturing of high performance light measuring solutions, bringing together the latest developments in sensors, electronics, optics and software. Our ground-breaking low light imaging cameras, spectroscopy solutions and microscopy systems are being used to develop cures for cancer, explore deeper into space and examine clean energy sources. We are among the world’s most innovative companies in the Photonics industry, measuring light down to a single photon and capturing events occurring within 1 billionth of a second. With over 70 unique product solutions, 10,000 customers in 55 countries and 15 offices worldwide including China, Japan and the USA, Andor is devoted to supporting the greatest scientific advancements of our age.
Come Join Our Team!
JobTitle: Technical Sales Representative - Microscopy Systems (SOCA)
Location: Southern California
Business Unit: Andor
Main function of the jobAs a sales engineer, you’ll combine application knowledge with sales skills to achieve sales targets and build strong territory presence and pipeline.
Key tasks and duties
- Achieve sales target for products and service within region
- Develop and execute a territory plan to maximize potential of the region
- Setup and successfully demonstrate Andor systems products to potential buyers, workshop and trade show attendees, and other activities for product exposure in the market
- Generate, qualify, and manage all sales leads, prospects, and new customer accounts
- Maintain and report sales forecasts, potential sales, customer feedback, and activity plan and other reports, as required
- Provide leadership to channel partners to facilitate sales and work with regional application specialist
- Record and Maintain customer contact data as part of Andor’s CRM tool
- Execute against customer visit metrics and product demonstration requests
- Strengthen existing customer and channel relationships and develop new business relationships within the defined territory.
- Identify new potential customers for e-shot campaigns and trade shows.
- Evaluate product and service offering in terms of manufacturing and customers technical needs.
- Establish and maintain industry contacts that lead to sales.
- Attend regular sales meetings and offer feedback and suggestions to improve product solutions. Attend annual sales meetings.
- Assist in the general support and training of distributors and Andor employees
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of full Andor product range and know where they fit in the market
- Any other duties as may be reasonably be required from time to time by your line manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or equivalent experience in a life science discipline required
- Postgraduate degree in a life science discipline highly desirable
Typically between 3 and 5 years’ experience in sales involving highly technical products OR extensive research/laboratory experience required
Consultative solutions selling experience preferred
- Significant experience using fluorescence microscopy for biological research required
Prior experience selling or using confocal and/or EMCCD microscopy systems preferred
Ability to travel at least 50% of the time with 40% of that time being overnight travel required. Occasional International travel also required.
Good communication & interpersonal skills; Well-developed and demonstrated presentation skills
Team-oriented, methodical with attention to detail
Fluent in all Microsoft Tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Oxford Instruments is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Oxford Instruments is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact Human Resources, ConcordHR.HelpDesk@oxinst.com, 978-405-1119
Note to recruitment agencies: Oxford Instruments operates a Preferred Supplier List, and we do not accept unsolicited agency CVs. Please do not forward candidate details in response to this advert, or to any Oxford Instruments employees or other company locations. Oxford Instruments is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.