The Global Maritime Forum is an international not-for-profit platform committed to shaping the future of global seaborne trade, to increase sustainable long-term economic development and human wellbeing.
About the role
We are a fast-growing organization that has gone from a small start-up to a more consolidated international organization over the past few years. As our new IT support student, you will play a key role in supporting an efficient operation through well-organized ICT-infrastructure. You will have a wide range of responsibilities supporting the team with well-run ICT office facilities.
We are looking for a self-driven and motivated colleague with a hands-on mentality who will support our team with dedication. With many initiatives and launches ongoing, we are looking for a someone who will want to hit the ground running as virtual meetings and events will be key to our success going forward.
We can offer you a unique and challenging opportunity in “an organization of the future” where you can utilize your IT capabilities to support the daily business and explore the interaction between IT and community building. We are constantly growing, and our IT infrastructure needs to follow suit. We are currently using Office 365 as our core platform, together with SalesForce as our CRM system. Defining the next steps for our Infrastructure will be a part of your job.
You will be based at our office in Copenhagen, from where you will take responsibility for supporting the Global Maritime Forum personnel with IT. You will act as a first level IT support and in parallel get the opportunity to work with IT strategy and implementation of IT infrastructure. Your tasks will include, but is not limited to:
- Support our fleet of PC and phones incl. buy, set-up, manage and dispose of workstations
- Support our infrastructure (LAN, Vlan, routers etc)
- Act as single point of contact for IT needs (IT equipment, software, trouble shooting, etc)
- Support internal business projects with IT support
- Bridge the gap between the business and IT strategy
- You are studying for a bachelor / master degree within IT or related area.
- You are a proactive, adaptive and a ‘can-do’ person. You have hands-on experience with software and computers. You can work 15-20 hours per week on average.
- You are a service-minded person and can keep focus when the IT systems are not working.
- You are organized and passionate about making systems and teams run seamlessly
- You have drive, take initiative, and are motivated by finding ways to improve systems and processes
- As a colleague, you are helpful and diligent
- You are flexible and able to adapt to fast-changing priorities
Experience in an administrative or operational role is a plus, but not a requirement.
The Global Maritime Forum is a Copenhagen-based international not-for-profit organization committed to shaping the future of global seaborne trade to increase sustainable long-term economic development and human wellbeing. We bring together leaders from across the maritime value chain with policymakers, NGOs, experts, and other influential decision-makers and opinion shapers to tackle collective challenges and to develop new solutions and ideas for action. We identify, develop and share new insights and key issues on the global agenda and facilitate collaborative initiatives to drive ambitious action that creates lasting change.
We are an international team of highly motivated people dedicated to creating a sustainable future not only for the maritime sector but for people and the planet. We share a common goal of making real change and bring our passion and ideals to everything we do. We look for people who are intellectually curious, driven and enjoy the challenge of working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. We offer an opportunity to be part of an organization driven by future-focus, a collaborative and entrepreneurial spirit, and where you can bring your skills to bear on a meaningful mission – and were we all want to have fun.
Please send your resume and a cover letter using the button. Please mark your application “IT support student”. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our team. Appointments are based on qualifications, merit, and the needs of our organization.
We will asses the applications as they come in and may hire accordingly before application closing date.
For more information about the Global Maritime Forum or the position, please contact Christian Andersen at +45 2047 0972 or email@example.com.