Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Technical Writer IIToday, F5’s Security team identifies and stops automated attacks and fraud in web and mobile applications for the Fortune Global 2000. In the future, we’ll need to fight even more sophisticated adversaries while helping human users experience frictionless digital experiences. F5s’ leadership fought cybercrime at the Pentagon, Google, Feedzai, and other leading security companies. Come be a part of our unparalleled team that is responsible for making the Internet a safer place for everyone.
The PositionF5 is seeking is seeking a Technical Writer (Intermediate). This role reports directly to the Technical Writing Manager.
The right candidate will have a love of technology, an appreciation of the written word, and a background in creating product documentation.This is an opportunity to work in an environment that has exponential learning opportunities and high impact across the company as we transition to our SaaS platform model and adopt new processes and tools.
- Create and maintain product documentation and release posts for assigned groups. Balance priorities.
- Ensure newly developed content uses information architecture techniques to make product documentation easier to scan.
- Ensure product documentation pages in your assigned groups are well organized by using good naming and logical groupings.
- When possible, provide guidance regarding the creation or improvement of user interface text (such as field labels or error messages), with a focus on your assigned groups.
- Provide style guide-based content reviews for content mainly within your assigned groups.
- Understand the technology and features of the groups to which you’re assigned.
- Contribute to process changes that help the organization evolve the culture and best practices.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with other team members.
- Act as the Technical Writing lead for assigned groups.
Day-in-the-LifeA Technical Writer at F5 generally spends their time working with their assigned development teams to learn more about newly developed features and products. Based on that understanding, they use their technical writing experience to create style guide-based documentation and release notes for our users. There are plenty of opportunities to learn from the other Technical Writers on our team as you develop your own skills!
RequirementsThe ideal candidate has:
- Three or more years of experience in technical writing for software delivery or architecture.
- Experience or educational experience in planning, researching, writing, and editing software documentation.
- Excellent skills in grammar, minimalist documentation design, and effective information architecture.
- Experience with working with team members and subject matter experts remotely.
- A demonstrated enthusiasm and capacity to learn new technologies quickly to enable rapid understanding of technical concepts, or coding skills.
- Self-motivation, drive, and persistence when tackling the most difficult problems.
- Exposure to industry standards and tools for technical writing, including docs as code, or other technical writing software (such as Madcap Flare).
- Experience with or exposure to workflows and tooling used by engineering, operations, and product teams.
- Recommended - Experience working from the command line, and exposure to using Git.
- Highly organized and able to triage and prioritize numerous issues and projects.
- A scrappy yet meticulous approach and a love for problem solving!
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).