US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: YesRELOCATION ASSISTANCE: Relocation assistance may be availableCLEARANCE TYPE: NoneTRAVEL: Yes, 10% of the Time
DescriptionJoin Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Proposal Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL and provides a hybrid working schedule.
This position develops, plans and schedules proposals. Compiles cost, schedule, and technical elements in the development of proposals in accordance with request for proposal (RFP) specifications. Coordinates the collection and accumulation of cost, scheduling, and performance elements from functional departments. Researches and analyzes historical data, develops cost models to support proposal efforts. Coordinates activities and participates in fact-finding meetings. Participates in should-cost and pricing reviews with management and customer representatives. Participates as a member of the contract negotiating team.
Acting as Pricing and Estimating analyst for the E2 program, the ideal candidate will have excellent analytical and problem solving skills, the ability to work under general direction, and provide proposal support and guidance to Program Teams.
We offer flexible work arrangements, phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly inclusive environment! We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) provide benefits for the member, our leaders and the company. Our ERGs offer opportunities to be a friend, be active, be a volunteer, be a leader, to be recognized and to be yourself. Every ERG is inclusive of all employees! Does this sound like what you're looking for?
At Northrop Grumman, we are on the cutting edge of innovation-- building the next generation of sophisticated aircraft to protect our country. Our diverse portfolio of programs means there are endless paths to cultivate your career. We are well-known for our inclusive, family environment, as well as our excellent work/life balance. We also offer exceptional benefits/healthcare, a 9/80 schedule, and a great 401K matching program.
- Master’s Degree with 1 years of experience OR Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of Price/Cost, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, Finance and/or related experience
- Ability to perform and apply cost accounting, pricing and estimating concepts and principles
- MS Office Suite, specifically Excel (including Pivot tables, Macros and VLOOKUP, and regression analysis), PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to work on-site weekly in Melbourne, FL with a hybrid telework schedule
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Clearance within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, Finance or related areas
- Experience with program cost analysis in an engineering development and production environment
- Knowledge of Pro-pricer pricing tool
- Working knowledge of government contract environment (FAR & DFARS)
- Analytical and detail oriented
- Persistence and tenacity to meet deadlines in a challenging, multi-tasking environment
- Familiarity with the concept and application of Improvement Curve Theory
- Collaborative member of the Subcontract/Procurement team to achieve GSC/Program/Company objectives, while maintaining compliance during all stages of the proposal/acquisition process
- Ability to extricate and access GSC Subcontract/Procurement requirements, FAR proposal adequacy and execution requirements, Prime proposal SOW/RFP requirements
- Current Active Secret Clearance
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to basepay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results.Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.