Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be on the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to crafting an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be with.
Do you want to make a huge impact on a large e-commerce website? Are you interested in solving groundbreaking research problems while impacting all eBay e-commerce channels? Does working with Artificial intelligence, cloud computing, large-scale optimization, and machine learning excite you? If you answered yes, the Core AI team at eBay is the right place for you! We are looking for Applied Researchers in Machine Learning with a diverse set of backgrounds to join us.
With hundreds of millions of buyers and sellers, 1B+ of live listings at any point of time, millions of daily transactions, and billions of daily queries, eBay provides a phenomenal playground for researchers to work with data and conduct experiments at scale. We actively pursue ideas that result in scalable algorithms and systems.
You will work in different areas of Machine Learning (ML), focusing on customer and item listing data related to applications at eBay. You will approach some of the most interesting AI problems eBay is facing in this area. Join our tightly-knit team of standouts who enjoy working on large-scale, challenging, and exciting problems. We work in focused and collaborative project teams following an agile methodology. You will feel like you’re working in a startup, while at the same time having the resources of a large company.
Areas of work include (but not limited to):
- Deep Learning
- Transfer learning and domain adaptation
- Language Models
- Multimodal Deep Learning
- Weakly Supervised and Semi-Supervised Learning
- Behavioral modeling
- Actively leads on one or more technical areas of research and development of ML technologies
- Develop and improve ML applications
- Work with engineers and other multi-functional teams, including Applied Researchers, Project Managers, QA, etc.
- Highly visible across major Engineering organizations, and regularly visible through external forums such as conferences, workshops, or open source initiatives
- Leads collaboration with other research teams in eBay to build the best of breed experience
- Research and stay up-to-date with state of the art in Deep Learning and ML. Publishing is strongly encouraged.
- Ph.D. program in Computer Science, statistics, mathematics or related disciplines or a Master degree plus three years of research experience
- Can rapidly experiment and prototype in Python and is capable of working on production systems
- Hands-on experience with PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Hands on experience with ML algorithms
- Proficient in machine learning with a focus on neural networks
- Experience in large scale research projects that resulted in working and scalable products
- Strong research track record, publications in at least one outstanding machine learning or NLP conference such as ACL, NeurIPS, EMNLP, ICML, ICASSP, KDD, AAAI, etc.
- Collaboration skills and ability to influence a multi-functional team to deliver results
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience in mentoring and guiding junior researchers and research engineers is preferred.
What do we offer:
- A comprehensive field of responsibility
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- A diverse team with exciting personalities, passion for e-commerce, integrity and a good sense of humor
- An excellent working environment with lots of flexibility
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible. Jobs posted with location as "Remote - United States (Excludes CO, HI, NM)" excludes Colorado, Hawaii and New Mexico.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement